The Marble Group takes Health and Safety regulations and practices extremely seriously and it is our intention to take considerate care of all of our employees, customers, visitors and all parties involved in the activities of The Marble Group.
The Marble Group takes steps to meet its responsibilities including:
- Maintaining safe and healthy working conditions and systems of working.
- Providing adequate control of the risks to the to the health and safety arising from the activities of the company.
- Providing and maintaining plant and equipment used at the required safety levels.
- Ensuring safe handling, storage and transport of materials and substances.
- Providing information, instruction and supervision for employees with constant consultation with our employees on matters affecting Health and Safety.
- Ensuring all employees are competent to do their tasks with the support of adequate training.
- Monitoring safety performance for the maintenance of agreed standards.
- Reviewing and revising of policy and procedure as necessary at regular intervals.
The Marble Group appoints individuals within the organisation responsible Health and Safety. Detailed arrangements for the management of Health and Safety can be found in the company’s Health and Safety Manual.
We intend to achieve compliance with statutory responsibilities for Health and Safety as a minimum, and aim to achieve best practice where possible through a system of continual improvement. Risk assessments are regularly carried out, reviewed annually and are documented.
Employees are reminded of their personal responsibility for Health and Safety and the need to comply with the companies’ policy and procedure.
CHAS accredited contractor
In 2013 The Marble Group decided to improve its already existing Health & Safety procedures by applying for CHAS (The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme). CHAS is recognised by the Public and Private sector and shows your company is willing to adhere to HSE (Health and Safety at Work Act) by providing a safe environment for our workers and also our customers we carry out work for. CHAS ensures every company who applies has the correct policies and procedures in place.
After a lengthy process The Marble Group was finally approved in March 2014 and once again in 2015. CHAS needs to be assessed yearly.
The Marble Group carries out quarterly in-house refresher training where all members of staff are required to sit down and carry out online Health & Safety test via Nat West Mentor. Our employees who carry our work on Construction Sites all carry a valid CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card which shows they have the right skills for the job and allows them to work on construction sites in a safely manner for themselves and those around them.
Every employee at The Marble Group is always trying to help improve our Health & Safety so we have regular monthly meetings where staff members can come up with suggestions on how to improve the safety for their fellow workers and our customers.
We look forward to carrying out work for you in a safe manner.