For many, the kitchen is an entertainment hub; a room in the house aside from the living room where good food and wine can be consumed, or perhaps just a natter while keeping an eye on the hob. It comes as no surprise, then, that it is one of the main rooms to be considered for a ‘touch-up’ when decorating is discussed.
Aside from working appliances, the main consideration for any kitchen is the worktops – after all, the last thing you want is chipped, faded and stained counters, especially when you have visitors. Indeed, that’s one of the main reasons quartz is a good option; Compac worktops, for example, are incredibly durable.
A quartz unit, such as provided by Caesarstone worktops, are very easy to maintain as well as being hard wearing. Such worktops comprise 90 per cent natural stone, with the remaining 10 per cent comprising artificial ingredients like glues and resins. The crushed quartz and artificial ingredients are mixed together under high heat and pressure, and, once cooled, are either polished or honed to give the desired gloss or matte finish. The end result is a worktop that lacks natural imperfections of surfaces like granite, and is actually easier to maintain.
In addition to that, quartz products like Silestone worktops come in almost as many colours as the brain can imagine. So when it becomes time to decorate the kitchen, you will not be bound by the limitations of what is available; instead, you can pick subdued, neutral or loud and brash – and what better way to create a talking point amongst guests than a yellow worktop?
Quartz worktops not only look great, but they are more durable than granite and are incredibly easy to maintain, so they will retain their stunning look for years to come. Best of all, quartz worktops are available at very competitive prices, so it won’t break the bank to attain the kitchen of your dreams.